Introduction to OrientDB Studio
People have different preferences to how they would like to interact with a database. Some prefer to work through an application, some through an API, some a console. OrientDB Studio is for those who are most comfortable operating on databases through a graphical user interface.
When you start the OrientDB Server, the JVM also runs Studio on port 2480. Running OrientDB on your local system, you can access it through the web browser by navigating to http://localhost:2480. To access Studio on a remote machine, you may want to use an SSH tunnel for better security.
From the Studio Home Page, you can:
- Connect to an existing database
- Create a new database
- Import a public (OrientDB) database
- Drop an existing database
- Start a migration to OrientDB using the tool Teleporter
- Access the Server Management features