Introducing the Neo4j* to OrientDB Importer!
A new easy to use tool that allows you to import a Neo4j Graph Database into OrientDB in a few simple steps.
We like to make it easy for you to get started with OrientDB. If you're coming from Neo4j and recently decided to make the switch to OrientDB, or if you would just like to try OrientDB with an existing Neo4j Database, our new Neo4j to OrientDB Importer makes it easy for you to import your nodes & relationships. How does it work? The Neo4j to OrientDB Importer makes use of Neo4j's java API to read the graph database from Neo4j. It then uses OrientDB's java API to store the graph into OrientDB. Watch the video below for a complete guide and step-by-step tutorial.
Imported Neo4j items are:
- unique constraints
The import consists of four phases:
- Phase 1: Initialization of the Neo4j and OrientDB servers.
- Phase 2: Migration of nodes and indexes.
- Phase 3: Schema migration.
- Phase 4: Shutdown of the servers and summary info.
The Neo4j to OrientDB Importer is provided as an external plugin and is currently available for OrientDB 2.2.13 and higher. If you are using an older version of OrientDB, download our latest version.
- Download the Neo4j to OrientDB Importer v 3.0.2 plugin here: ZIP / TAR.GZ
- To install the plugin, unpack the archive on your OrientDB server directory. On Linux systems, to unpack the archive you may use a command similar to the following:
tar xfv orientdb-neo4j-importer-VERSION.tar.gz -C
Docs & Resources
For more information about the new Neo4j to OrientDB importer, head over to our Official Documentation.
For further information on using OrientDB, please refer to the Getting Started Guide.
If you're coming from a RDBMS, remember to check out Teleporter to import or sync your relational data to OrientDB.